PDA

View Full Version : My new gaming PC 2015

saganakis
02-17-2015, 11:33 AM
Hey guys I finished my new gaming PC just in time for GTA5 next month. I have been planning for this since October but I held off until a few weeks ago when I placed my order for all the parts to build it.

Intel Core i7 5930k Haswell-E 6-Core LGA 2011-3 (3.5GHz CPU) - [ Overclocked to 4.5 GHZ ]
Noctua NH-D15 Multi Socket PWM High Performance CPU Cooler [ BEST AIR COOLER YOU CAN BUY ]
MSI X99S GAMING 7 Motherboard - LGA2011-3
Qty 1 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB G1 Gaming Edition Graphics Card
32GB DDR4 RAM - G.Skill RipJaws4 32GB (4 x 8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 Quad-Channel RAM F4-2666C16Q-32GRB
Corsair Obsidian 650D PC case
850W Corsair CS850M ATX 80+ Gold, 3 Year Warranty
Qty 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive MZ-7KE256BW
Qty 1 Samsung 840 EVO Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive MZ-7TE1T0BW
Qty 1 Western Digital 2TB Black 3.5" Internal Hard Drive WD2003FZEX

I took some photos -> GAMING PC 2015 Slideshow by kutaki | Photobucket (http://s15.photobucket.com/user/kutaki/slideshow/GAMING%20PC%202015?sort=3)

Locker
02-17-2015, 11:38 AM
Nice one. But you need a better cable management, it looks a bit messed up. :p

saganakis
02-17-2015, 11:42 AM
Yeah the 650D 700D and 800D have the rubber openings. All the cables can be hidden behind the case. The only thing thats sticking out is the 6pin + 8pin power connector for the GPU ( 400watts )
The SATA ports are all hidden on the back side of the case the connections to disks are rear faced. It looks worse in the photos its a lot nicer inside most of the cables are on the back side

sicknezz
02-17-2015, 02:15 PM
Good setup, however your Monitor sucks...

This is a Setup!

Imgur (http://imgur.com/kbwIIQu)

edit:

and why do you use such a big cpu cooler ? whats the price of it ? pretty sure an corsair closed watercooling system would be much much better

saganakis
02-18-2015, 09:22 AM
My monitor is an Asus MT276 that I purchased around 5 years ago. It was good at the time, best 27" monitor you could get for around $600
But agreed time for the new Asus PB287Q monitor with 4K resolution. My PC cost me $3500 so I wanted to get that setup first.

I am familiar with liquid cooling setup's but I prefer air cooling,less noise and maintenance from noisy pumps and worrying about condensation and leak bubbles. Noctua make super coolers and their fans are super quiet. Even when my CPU is at 100% load with all 6 cores its still under 65 degrees so it performs just as good as liquid cooling. It was actually more expensive then most liquid coolers out there and there's a reason for it, they work well and are much more reliable.

sicknezz
02-18-2015, 07:10 PM
My monitor is an Asus MT276 that I purchased around 5 years ago. It was good at the time, best 27" monitor you could get for around $600
But agreed time for the new Asus PB287Q monitor with 4K resolution. My PC cost me $3500 so I wanted to get that setup first.

I am familiar with liquid cooling setup's but I prefer air cooling,less noise and maintenance from noisy pumps and worrying about condensation and leak bubbles. Noctua make super coolers and their fans are super quiet. Even when my CPU is at 100% load with all 6 cores its still under 65 degrees so it performs just as good as liquid cooling. It was actually more expensive then most liquid coolers out there and there's a reason for it, they work well and are much more reliable.

-> Hydro Series (http://www.corsair.com/de-de/hydro-series-h110-280mm-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler)

Insane Cooling, Cheap, NO NOISE!, Maintenace free since it is a closed cooling system, install it and use it the next 10 years.
any other Questions ? ;D

With my Mobo -> http://www.asus.com/de/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_FORMULAWATCH_DOGS/ i can't even HEAR anything even while gaming without sound.
the loudest part are is my 2x2tb WD raid...

btw <-i7 4790k @ 5ghz @ 100% stresstest 49° Celsius after 1 hour.

KillKoll
02-19-2015, 03:16 PM
I'll wait with new PC til Intel release Skylake desktop processors. But nice rig you have.

- - - Updated - - -

I have technical guestion - why you choose MSI motherboard but not MSI graphics card??

saganakis
02-20-2015, 11:50 PM
I have been using Asus and Gigabyte motherboards for a long time now but MSI have a good range of gaming products, I simply wanted to try them out and it's been a good choice for me.
The Gigabyte video card I got a special deal it was $140 cheaper then the Asus equivalent not because MSI is cheaper but because of where I work I asked a favour from a rep who works for Gigabyte that got me a special deal. I didn't save a lot of money even though I work in IT distribution but I got it cheaper then most. It makes no difference if you use different brands for your ram, motherboard,video card etc... just look at the performance tests and features of the product. Everyone is doing their own thing in manufacturing, some have better cooling, some have better O.C performance. You just got to read reviews and videos and weigh up Price VS performance.

AmplifyTV
02-23-2015, 11:52 PM
horrid cable management. and cases with no side 200mm fan < but i guess okay looking pc 6/10 !

PatientZero
02-26-2015, 08:05 PM
Nice build,
The only thing I would of done is cut back to 16GB DDR4 and gone for the GTX 980.

KillKoll
03-12-2015, 10:26 AM
That is great man!
My - personally - not trust MSI. My own IT supplier not going to bother itself with MSI products - too much trouble with warranty service. At least what concerns graphic cards. Gigabyte is my first choice too. But I'm gathering information because MSI have done some pretty cool things lately & maybe they advancing in quality too.

I have been using Asus and Gigabyte motherboards for a long time now but MSI have a good range of gaming products, I simply wanted to try them out and it's been a good choice for me.
The Gigabyte video card I got a special deal it was $140 cheaper then the Asus equivalent not because MSI is cheaper but because of where I work I asked a favour from a rep who works for Gigabyte that got me a special deal. I didn't save a lot of money even though I work in IT distribution but I got it cheaper then most. It makes no difference if you use different brands for your ram, motherboard,video card etc... just look at the performance tests and features of the product. Everyone is doing their own thing in manufacturing, some have better cooling, some have better O.C performance. You just got to read reviews and videos and weigh up Price VS performance.