PDA

View Full Version : DAYZ HACK GONE ! WHY ?

Santosio
08-26-2015, 07:50 PM
Hey Guys/ TOM,

why is the day z hack not more available ? TOM ?

OGC
08-26-2015, 08:15 PM
Have you been under a rock? DayZ's anti-cheat, BattlEye, was updated quite some time ago which added a rootkit of some sorts, which is very, very good at detecting cheats. All major Cheat providers have stopped supporting DayZ as of now because any hack, no matter how good, will start to be detected in as little as 24 hours. Rage features like teleport and item spawning were patched I believe as well, making them either impossible or resulting in a ban near instantly. Even a simple ESP can be detected fairly easily by BattlEye.

The only way to really hack in DayZ and stay undetected by BattlEye is to code your own private hack, or have a coder code one for you, and have them never share it with anyone else, and even then, this isn't guaranteed to last that long.

It's best to just move on from hacking in DayZ. I for one am enjoying the game and not having to worry about hackers and ESP users coming to kill me when I'm in the middle of nowhere.

w00b3r
08-28-2015, 04:45 PM
defeating rootkits and memory scanners is second nature to most hack coders. it will be defeated eventually.

if not, it looks like they are offering battle eye to other game developers. so hopefully that doesn't catch on, in the case that it's "undefeatable". (which it's not.)

OGC
08-28-2015, 04:51 PM
It's so easy to defeat that's why all the Major hack sites stopped providing a dayZ hack right?

w00b3r
08-28-2015, 09:16 PM
It's so easy to defeat that's why all the Major hack sites stopped providing a dayZ hack right?

I never said it was easy, but if someone doesn't start learning to defeat it right now, other companies are going to notice that, and soon all of your favorite games will be using BattleEyE. Once that happens, sites like this will have no choice but to defeat it or lose their source of income.

hacks already use rootkit-esque tactics to hook the game and patch certain memory checks, etc. They can do the same with BE, but they have to reverse engineer it and figure out what they need to patch. It will take awhile before this happens, thats why your DayZ hacks are disappearing. Nobody said it was for good, they just don't want to give you a deadline because reverse engineering is hard work.

This line of work is similar to developing malware. An antivirus is actually a rootkit, it's just an official one with a nice interface. Antivirus can be defeated by any new rootkit, because new rootkits pass heuristics and then they trick the AV rootkit into believing it's always up to date, no files actually get scanned, etc.

It's a matter of time, and if its a threat to the cheating developers, you bet that they are working on defeating it right now, but they won't speak until they actually do.

OGC
09-01-2015, 05:29 PM
It can be defeated - so can the pentagon's security.

Is it feasible and worth the effort? Probably not.

If you'd like to see what happens when pay to cheat providers make a DayZ cheat now, just google up on it. Last one I attempted to use (not here) got me banned in 48 hours. That's 48 hours after they released a new cheat too, saying it was coded from scratch.

And this was coming from a place with a skilled coder who makes CS GO undetected cheats for long stretches.

it's almost like it has nothing to do with obfuscating the cheat footprint in DayZ, battleye streams back game data to their servers and can just tell when there's cheating, because of the memory interactions. Probably really hard to bypass or spoof those interactions to look legit. Even a simple ESP will stream back data that basically tells battleye "hey, this data is pretty much telling us that there's some cheats here". It's probably the closest thing to having actual battleye employees spying over your shoulder and seeing what's on your screen. I'm just going by what I've seen on UC and other cheat forums.

I really wish there was a way to cheat affordably in DayZ now, but either you pay several hundred for a private cheat that will probably get detected, or use the one or 2 cheat providers left who offer it, and buy new DayZ cd keys everyday.